As Your Planning Career coach, I can help you:
- Make a career pivot into planning from another field
- Land a great first planning job or seek out your next perfect opportunity
- Prepare for pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in planning
- Identify your unique strengths and skills and find your “niche” in planning
- Find alignment between personal and professional goals and aspirations
- Learn important skills and tools that will help you throughout your career
- Become a more productive, effective, and confident planner (I don't just work with Planners looking for new roles)
- Gain access to a diverse support group of motivated, growth-oriented peers
- Effectively market yourself and your planning skill sets
- Build your network and establish your own personal circle of planning mentors
- Establish a roadmap to reach your next level(s) of career growth and keep you motivated, accountable and on track to meeting your professional goals
- Launch or grow your independent planning consulting business or planning side hustle/passion project
Speaking, Resources and Workshops
In addition to working directly 1-on-1 with planners, I host a variety of online events throughout the year (subscribe to my e-mail newsletter!) and I partner with planning schools, employers, professional associations, and other planner-led initiatives to deliver in-person and virtual workshops, provide advisory services, design programming/curriculum, write blog posts, and speak on podcasts on a variety of topics related to urban planning careers and the professional development of planners.
Get in Touch
What my clients are saying
After my first real planning job I was feeling lost, confused and like I had chosen the wrong career. After working with Kristy I have felt that initial love for Planning come back as well as helping regain confidence as a planner.
Working with Kristy has been one of the best investments I have ever made, and I regret not working with her sooner! Through the coaching experience, I have not only become more confident with the job application process, but I have also become much more confident as a planner. I have advanced my career in the exact way I had hoped to, and if you are feeling stuck in your career or in the job search, I cannot recommend the coaching service enough.
I would recommend Kristy's coaching to any planners looking to break into their field, looking at a career pivot, refreshing their job search skills and everything in between. I realized through coaching that all I really needed was a little support and encouragement. I went into the program unsure of if I would be able to find work, let alone in a role that I wanted. With Kristy’s help I got job offers for every role I interviewed for!